"We're small, but we're growing" - Sam


Saturday, March 11, 2006

The SG Show #33 - Oh No, Another Punishment!

Listen to the latest show. On this show, Sam talks about his favorite movies, spelling tests, and ... getting in trouble in school.

Thanks to PK&J for sending us the song I Don't like to Brush My Teeth. Check out their web site!

Congratulations to Sarah and Nina for winning the latest contest.

Other links to stuff we talk about on the show:

Why is the abbreviation for pound spelled lb?

Who invented the toothbrush?

Why is the year 2006 that number?



We're now part of the Trypod Network. Give it a Try.


We're trying to figure out who's listening to our show. Please take a moment and fill out this brief survey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I thought it was pretty funny that Sam had to rewrite his paragraphs because he "forgot to save them." (New technology!) When I used to get in trouble when I was little, my Mom used to make me write a sentence over and over and over again by hand. Depending on how much trouble I was in, that sentence could get pretty long!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

It is kind of ironic, isn't it?

One of the challenges to being a parent is trying to find punishments (or what some call 'consequences') that are respectful, remedial and related to what prompted it.

In this case, it was tough. But I figured that since the crime was "using words in inappropriate ways," the punishment was to use words in appropriate ways -- to type a letter about using words in good ways.

And, of course, this being the first time Sam ever had to type something, I forgot to show him how to save his work. So he got a bit more typing practice in.

Hope you didn't get into too much trouble, Jen!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home